Slo-Pitch National is committed to providing an environment in which all Members are treated fairly and with respect.
Players, coaches and fans of teams who are a member of Slo-Pitch National shall be considered members of Slo-Pitch National and agree through the terms of membership to abide by the Code of Conduct for said Members outlined below.
No team member, tournament participant, umpire or fan shall:
• Demonstrate behavior contrary to this Code both on and off the field.
• Cause any form of personal abuse, including verbal, physical and emotional abuse, towards other athletes, officials, host personnel, spectators and others.
• Refuse to abide by an official's decision, threaten an official, or at any time lay a hand upon, push, shove, strike, or make incidental physical contact with the body or kick dirt or other matter on the official or attempt to cause physical contact when disputing a decision. This includes causing or attempting to cause physical contact with another participant at the tournament.
• Make any disparaging remarks or actions towards other athletes, officials, tournament personnel, Slo-Pitch National, spectators and others.
• Neither reacts in a violent manner to any incident nor use any form of profane, vulgar, obscene or abusive language or gestures, whether it is directed at an official, opponent, playing colleague, team official, tournament official, Slo-Pitch National personnel or spectator. Neither will they tolerate profane, vulgar, obscene or abusive language or gestures from any supporters and other members of their team.
• Use intimidating or threatening behavior towards officials, opponents, playing colleagues, team officials, tournament personnel, Slo-Pitch National personnel, or spectators nor will they permit any others to openly or maliciously criticize, badger, harass, or threaten an official, opponent, playing colleague, tournament personnel, Slo-Pitch National personnel or spectator.
• Make objectionable demonstrations by throwing bats, gloves or other equipment in a forceful manner.
• Discuss publicly with participants and spectators in a derogatory or abusive manner any decision by the officials or any opinions of players.
• Cause the destruction of property belonging to others.
• Use any intoxicating substances during the course of the game, or appear to be in an intoxicated condition while participating in a game.
• Harass, heckle, insult, jeer, or use verbal tactics to embarrass or insult a SloPitch National representative, employee or other participant at the site before, during or after a game.
• Make derogatory, disdainful, disparaging comments or remarks regarding any person or program connected to Slo-Pitch National on any public forum, message board or bulletin board.
• Use any improper and unapproved equipment.
• Give false or misleading information or fail to cooperate with a legitimate request from a Slo-Pitch National official in the discharge of his/her official duties.
• When requested by the game official, will refuse to assist him/her in the enforcement of this Conduct of Members and the control of players making threats.
• Engage in a continuous verbal attack upon an official or other participant or spectator after they have been ejected from a game or make a verbal threat of physical violence upon an official.
Members who fail to adhere to the points of conduct outlined above may have penalties and or suspensions rendered against them published in the STG & OR section of the current year’s Slo-Pitch National rulebook.