ROBERT (BOB) KELLEY
Bob Kelley has been involved with slo-pitch since 1969 as a player, coach and official. He played from 1969 to 1985, coached in 1985 and started officiating in 1983 with the Lower Mainland Umpires Association, later to be named Metro Umpires Association.
Some of Bob's Highlights:
- Played for New Westminster Wrecks coed slo-pitch team for 12+ years and won the Burnaby Coed League Championship four times as well as the New Westminster Coed League six times.
- Played 162 games with the Wrecks in 1977.
- Coached a team in New Westminster for one year, they finished second in a tournament in Mt. Vernon, Washington (the highlight of his coaching career).
- In 1989 was asked to be the first Umpire in Chief for SPN BC.
- In 1990 was assigned to the first SPN National in Calgary Alberta.
- Bob was assigned to the plate in the Coed ‘A’ final.
- In 1993 was appointed ISF International Umpire by Softball Canada.
- Organizing member for Metro Umpires and executive member for 13 of Metro's 14 year existence.
- Appointed in 2001 as Co-Coordinator of Education and Evaluation for SPN BC, Bob is still currently in this position.
- Since 1990 has been Umpire in Chief for number SPN and Softball Canada National and Provincial Tournaments.
- Since 2001 has taken the lead as the go to person for SPN BC umpires on rules and mechanics for interpretations and rule changes.